NYSC Foreign-Trained Graduates Requirements for Registration in Nigeria


The original and photocopies of the following academic qualifications are required for registration and mobilization of Nigerian foreign trained graduation into the National Youth Services Corps. (Please note that downloaded certificates/transcripts, statement of result and attestation letters are not acceptable);

  1. First university degree or HND certificate.
  2. Complete official transcription of the First Degree or HND course.
  3. Mark sheet (for Indian universities only)
  4. O’level certificate i.e WASC, GCE, SSCE, NECO, IGCE ,GCSE, high school diploma for those schooled in USA e.t.c.
    Candidates must obtain credit in not less than five(5) subjects (including English and mathematics) in not less than two(2) sittings.
  5. Medical doctors and optometrists are required to produce in addition, evidence of completion of housemanship, registration certificate with the medical and dental council of Nigeria/Optometrists Association of Nigeria as applicable.
  6. Pharmacists shall produce in addition, evidence of completion of internship and registration certificate with Pharmacists council of Nigeria.



  1. Entry visa to the country of study.
  2. Date of first visit departure from Nigeria.
  3. Date of return to Nigeria after the period of study.
  4. Date page of the passport
  5. Graduates with dual nationality are required to upload and produce, for verification both international passports.
  6. Graduates of universities within ECOWAS states and Cameroon are to upload and produce Residence permit for the period of their study.



In the event of loss of international passport, prospective corps members are required to present:

  1. Police and Immigration reports from the country where the international passport was lost.
  2. Sworn affidavit (with number of the lost passport).
  3. Evidence of stay in the country of study.
  4. the prospective corps member must obtain a new/current international passport and upload the data page.
  5. Information contained in the lost international passport and the new one obtained must be the same.



For loss of academic credentials, the following are required:

  1. (i) Police Report.
  2. (ii) Sworn Affidavit.
  3. (iii) Confirmation of result from either the examination body (for loss of O’level certificates) or the institution of graduation (for loss of degree, HND, certificates as the case may be).
  1. Certificates and other credentials which are not written in English language should be translated at the embassy of the country of study or university in Nigeria where the language is studied, before uploading and presentation for verification.


  • Registration of Nigerian foreign-trained graduates commences on 2nd March and closes on 4th April, 2017.
  • Nigerian foreign-trained graduates who are enlisted into the national service are not obliged to choose their state of deployment. However, married women would be deployed to states where their husbands reside. Married women must therefore upload their marriage certificate, evidence of Change of Name( Newspaper publication and court affidavit).
  • Graduates of Winneba, Ghana, King Faisal university, Chad Republic and all universities in Republic of Benin must obtain and upload letters of evaluation from Federal Ministry of Education, Abuja before registration.
  • All inconsistencies with names on different credentials must be supported with sworn court affidavit and uploaded before verification period.
  • Verification is not done by proxy. All prospective corps members must therefore report to the orientation camp of their state of deployment for this. Physical verification with original of all documents uploaded. Please note that all prospective corps members must present original of all their credentials and international passport for verification and registration at the orientation camp.
  • To Print your Call-up letter online, you are required to pay the sum of three thousand Naira (₦3000). See NYSC portal on how to make payment.
  • All prospective corps members who paid for the online registration during the 2014 Batch C mobilization but were not mobilized need not to pay again.



MyEduGist Team

If you have any question on this Post, kindly drop them in the comment section. I promise to get back to you as soon as possible.

Also don’t hesitate to sign up for our Newsletters, like us on  Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Google+

Article by Nicholas

Nicholas Babatunde Lateef is a Blogger and Career Builder (Business and Educational Consultant). He is the Founder and CEO of MyEduGist. He has the passion to provide useful and quality update about Education, Examinations and Scholarships worldwide. You can also like him on Facebook, follow him on Twitter and Google+.


  1. Joseph says:

    How can I get exemption letter for foreign trained graduates

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *